Hey girls ! I deicded to do a back to school special for those of you who wanted one.. There's going to be some different mini catergories for things like makeup and hair and advice, so you can just skip to whatever you want to read about ! Just remember that I'm not a high fashion person .. I don't follow ALL the trends and I add twists to them, so these are some of MY personal ideas. ENJOY !
1: Back to School Fashion
2: Back to School Beauty
3: Back to School Bag
4: Back to School Advice (Highschool)
5: Summer to Fall Wardrobe
7: Saving Money on Back to School Items
8: Goal Setting
9: My Back to School
1: FASHiON ♥
Okay so, I've been picking up some random things as I shop that I really love for fall, so there are some great things that I'm going to be wearing through this fall and winter !
* Draped and over sized shirts are my FAVOURITE over jeggings and leggings, paired with a belt and a big necklace!
* Elegant detailing is something I've noticed ALOT, with beading and jewels. I've seen this trend alot on shirts, in particular on the shoulders!
* Cropped jackets and blazers and really in for this fall, and this is one trend that I love! You can add it to any outfit to make it more special.
* Jewel tones are something I'm seeing alot of, especially the pinks and purples and blues. Jewel coloured cardigans are great for fall and winter!
* Lace and floral leggings or tights are super cute for pairing with a summer skirt and a cardigan for a cute fall look!
* Ankle boots are very cute and can be worn in any way!
* Big earrings and necklaces can add a fun twist or a touch of elegance to an outfit!
* Satchels are the perfect way to carry around some neccesary items for school!
* Owls are something I'm seeing alot of and loving!
Along with these things, you need to remember the basics! V-Necks, tanks for layering, neutral cardigans, a dark pair of jeans and a basic pair of flats are good essentials to any wardrobe!
One of the major things I'm loving for this fall is all the elegant peices that I'm seeing in stores lately! I love the lace look, along with elegant vintage looking necklace and pearl bracelets. One of my favourite colour combos for this season is pink and brown.. so gorgeous!
2: BEAUTY ♥
I'm going to start off by telling you some of the things I love beauty wise for fall.
* Nude lips are GORGEOUS for fall.
* Bronze and neutral eyes are simple for school.
* Violet cheeks and lips!
* High ballerina buns.
* Wispy side buns.
* Loose curls!
Now I'm going to give you some tips and tricks to acheive these looks, as well as some products that work AMAZINGLY!
- NUDE LIPS - My favourite, simple way to achieve a natural nude lip is.. wait for it.. to take my foundation and apply it over my lips! It creates the perfect nude lip! One suggestion is to apply Vaseline over it so that the foundation doesn't make your lips dry. You can also apply lipgloss over your lips for a glossy look!
- NEUTRAL EYES - My favourite neutral eye is very simple. I take a champagne shimmery eyeshadow and apply it all over my lid. Then I take a brown liner, or eyeshadow with an angled brush, and apply that on my upper lash line. I highlight my inner corner and under my brow, then apply white eyeliner on my lower water line for a brighter eye. I curl my lashes and add mascara to complete the look! It's so easy, and perfect for school!
- VIOLET - One cute and daring trend this fall is violet cheeks and lips. Most of you have a violet blush lying around, so I'm going to talk to you about the lips. If you can't find a violet gloss anywhere, a cheap alternative is to take a matte violet eyeshadow, crush it up, mix it with Vaseline and voila! You have a lipgloss!
- BALLERINA BUN - Ballerina buns are super easy to achieve. Flip your hair upsidedown and gather it all at the top of your head. Make sure all the peices are in, and that the front looks slick. Then secure that into a ponytail. Take another hair tie and, after wrapping your ponytale around to create a bun, secure it. Use bobby pins to tuck away any stray peices.
- WISPY SIDE BUN - This is also a very easy, very quick look to get. First, bring your hair over to one side of your head, leaving out bangs and a few stray peices on each side. Then, take your hair and put it into a ponytail. Wrap the ponytale around the hair tie (as done in the Ballerina Bun) and secure that with a hair tie. Then, take the stray peices and twist them around a straightening iron while pulling down to create a loose curl.
- LOOSE CURLS - I pretty much told you how to do the loose curls above, but I'll explain again. Take a straightening iron and clamp it down about half way down a 1-2 inch peice of hair. Then twist your wrist while at the same time pulling down. Keep twisting until you reach the bottom. This should create a loose curl! Do this to random peices, especially at the front, for a nice back to school look!
- HEADBANDS - Well you can get headbands everywhere, so you shouldn't have a problem fnding them. Once you have them, there are so many styles you can add them to, such as a bun to give it something special or just to straight hair after teasing it up a bit! I personally love flower headbands.. so cute!
Some products that I really reccomend are..
* Morrocan Oil! You can get this at a beauty supply store, and what it is is an orange oil that you put in your hair. It makes my hair so much more manageble and silky! Just put a tiny ammount, because remember it is oil.
* Lasenza Eye Seductive Shadows! I purchased some of these at Lasenza a few weeks ago. They are little pots of eyeshadow with a little applicator attatched to the lid. They are super shimmery and come in gorgeous colours like champagne, pink and bronze. I LOVE them so much, they are so pigmented and look amazing on!
3: BAG ♥
In my opinion, you should have 2 bags for back to school; a school bag that you can fit all your textbooks and binders in, and a purse for everything else you may need! I'm going to talk about what you would need in your purse to make sure you always look great and are prepared!
- MAKEUP -
* Concealer, incase you notice last minute a blemish popping up!
* Lipgloss, so your lips always look glossy!
* Chapstick, especially in the winter so your lips aren't dry!
* Mascara, just incase you need to re-touch.
* A mini perfume or body spray, so you are fresh and smelling great all day!
- HAIR -
* A brush, incase your hair isn't co-operating!
* Mini hairspray to keep your up do, up!
* Hair ties, clips and bobby pins, incase you want to switch to an up do half way through school!
- OTHER -
* Mints and gum, incase you want to chat with that cutie! ;)
* Compact mirror, to make sure you always look great!
* Tampons/Pads, incase Aunt Flow comes unexpectedly!
* Cell Phone, Camera, I-Pod, if you're allowed to have them in class. Definatly keep your cell phone with you in case of emergencys!
* Pens and pencils, so you always have something to write with.
* Agenda, so that you always know where you're supposed to be!
Those are just some basic things that you might need, there are definatly other things that you could add but that's up to you to decide!
Some cute school purses are ..
4: ADViCE ♥
So I am going into grade 10, so I'm a sophomore. I know what it's like to be a freshman and be all nervous about highschool, but all I have to say is .. DON'T WORRY! It's such a fun experience! Here are some things to remember when you are going into highschool!
* It's good to have a friend or multiple friends with you on the first day. It will give you more confidence to make other friends, and make you feel more comfortable.
* Be organized and prepared. This will be good for you so that you can take notes and know what's going on, and your teacher will also like you first thing!
* Let go of insecurities, because if you're always thinking "I'm so ugly, I'm so fat" that's what people are going to think of you too. Get out there, be friendly to everyone, and you'll get friends in no time!
* Compare your schedule before the first day with everyone so that you know who you can sit with and who to expect in your classes. It will be less nerve wracking that way!
* Remember that highschool isn't what you read in book and see in movies.. I've never seen anyone get put in a garbage can or have food thrown at them in the cafeteria. It's alot more calm then that, so don't worry!
* Get involved! It's a good way to make new friends and get your name out there! And there really is a club for everyone!
* Make sure to balance your social life with homework and extra activies. Remember that homework comes first, and then your commitements and then your social life. Leave your social life for the weekend, when you don't have the stress of homework or sports.
* Be original! Wear something that is totally you, and you will definatly get someone complimenting you!
These are just a few things to remember, but if you have any more questions you can comment below or inbox me and i'll get back to you ASAP !
5: SUMMER TO FALL ♥
I don't know about you, but I find it totally pointless to buy a HUGE new wardrobe for fall. What I like to do it incorporate my summer wardrobe into my fall wadrobe. Here are some ways that I like to do that!
* Layering! You can layer your tank tops with cardigans, t-shirts.. pretty much anything! So don't get rid of your pretty tanks yet!
* Tights! Tights are a great way to bring your summer skirts into your fall closet. Buy some chunky knit tights and wear them under that high waisted skirt you love! It's a super cute way to keep summer in your wardrobe!
* Colours! It's okay to bring your bright coloured summer clothes into your fall wardrobe! Who cares that the magazines say that you should only wear plums and browns? That's boring! Stand out of the crowd!
* Florals! I know florals were really in this summer, but you can keep them in your fall wardrobe as well! I love the look of a floral tee or tank under a military or biker style jacket and dark denem. I think that makes a super cool fall outfit!
6: ORGANiZATiON ♥
Here are some tips to stay organized during the school year!
* Binders are my saviour for school! I keep all my subjects divived and organized! You can keep notes, a notebook, handouts and anything else you recieve. Binder with pockets are even better because you can keep personal belongings and school supplies in them.
* An agenda is such a good thing to have! I usually keep 2; one for school and one for social things. The one for school I always keep with me to track homework, projects and other things going on in classes. The social one I usually keep at home so I can look at it each morning and see what I have going on that day. It keeps me so organized.. I don't think I could live without it in highschool.
* Notes are something you should always be taking in classes.. Alot of teachers will warn you when you should be taking notes, but I like to jot things down when we're talking in class. Sometimes teachers like to put random things they said on quizzes and tests, and it's good to be prepared!
* Studying is something you should try to do every night. You never know when a pop quiz is going to come up. I sometimes look over my notes quickly before bed or before class if we have time. If there is a test, allow yourself a few days before to get study notes and look through all your materials!
* Needing help is not a bad thing! In fact, teachers like it when you admit to them that you need extra help. It shows that you really care about your grade. If you ever need help, go right to your teacher!
* Study groups are good, especially before exams! It's good to study with friends because while you're still getting the information into you head, it isn't as stressful as reading through it all yourself AND they can help you out and quiz you.
7: SAViNG MONEY ♥
I don't find the need to blow all the money I made this year on back to school clothes. Here are some things I did to save a bit of money.
* Thrift Shopping. I know you probably have a bad idea about it being dirty, but it's called washing the stuff after you buy it. You can also get brand new stuff if you really look. Me and my friend went to a local thrift shop yesterday and I found a new shirt, a belt, a bag, and a pin that I made into a necklace and it was only around $10! You can find good things for good deals! You just have to dig a little bit :)
* Hand me Downs. I know some of you probably don't like this idea either, but you can get some really cute stuff out of it. I have a friend who recently passed some stuff on to me that didn't fit her anymore, and it was all good brands like abercrombie, hollister and american eagle. Some of the stuff was brand new, and the other stuff was gently worn. I got a few sweaters, a lot of shirts and some bottoms! And it was all free!
* Look through your closet! Sometimes you forget about things that you bought a few years ago! You don't want to be buying things you already have!
* Hit the sales! Look for back to school sales in your area and check them out! I recently got an adorable blue knit sweater at Old Navy for only $7!
* Spend money on items you know you'll wear alot! The only back to school things I spent a good chunk of money on were cardigans and basic tops that go with alot!
8: GOAL SETTiNG ♥
This is just a small but important section that I wanted to add. Goal setting is very important for a new school year. You should always have a few small goals and one bigger goal that you can work for that year! They can be things like, I want to get over and 80% in history, or things like, I want to make the basketball team. Whatever they may be, always keep them in the back of your mind and work towards them throughout the year.
9: MY BACK TO SCHOOL ♥
So here is where I'm going to talk about my classes, goals, fashion and beauty for this years back to school!
As I said before, I'm going into grade 10, so I'm a sohpomore, and I'm extremely excited for this year to start.. I think it's going to be a great year! I start on September 7th.
My schedule is ..
Civics and Careers with Candelloro (oh god..)
Vocal with Nav (should be interesting..)
Religion with Serravalle (sexxxxxxy!)
Lunch with all other grade 10's!
Math with Palujanskas (heard she is nice!)
French with Veloce (fun class.. love Veloce!)
History with Chmiel (kill me now..)
Science with Caruso (FML)
Lunch with all other grade 10's!
English with Van Bolderen (?!)
So as you can see, I have an interesting schedule.. Semester two should be tricky, but also fun.. French and History have alot of people I know in them so should be fun! Vocal should be an experience, and kind of weird because my older brother is in the same class!
My locker number is 2001, which I'm so glad about because I just made it into the grade 10 hall! Alot of my friends are there too! I'm right at the end of a row, near the door which kinda sucks, but across from the weight room so I have a good view ;)
As for my back to school outfit, I wear a uniform so I'll be sporting my kilt, knee socks, black polo shirt and cardigan. Exciting, I know. But we do have dress down days, so for THAT I'll be wearing ..
- White flowy shirt (thrift store bargain!)
- Washed out skinnies (Urban Planet, last year)
- Brown belt (thrift store bargain!)
- Flower pearl necklace (thrift store bargain!)
- Blue knit sweater (Old Navy bargain!)
- Flats (?)
As for my hair and makeup, I'm still deciding.. I have a few options.
One would be just doing it straight, but that's kind of boring I thought.. I always do my hair like that.
Another option is doing the loose curls, which would be different for me since I never do that!
The last thing I might do is a side braid with stray curled peices.. it's cute and really simple!
What do you girls think ?
For makeup, I'm probably just going neutral with champagne shimmer shadow, some eyeliner, mascara, white liner, nude lips and pink blush.
So this is the end of my back to school special! This took me about 2 hours so comments are much appreciated! IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, inbox me or comment and I'll inbox you back, I promise!
Have you had your first day of school yet? How was it? What did you wear? How did you do your hair? What's your schedule?
Let me know girls!
Love you all!